Annya Sand is a dedicated supporter of charities that assist children, women and wildlife.
Over the years, she has raised thousands of pounds for The Children’s Burns Trust. In 2012 she exhibited at the Saatchi Gallery during the Arts for India Diwali Celebration and Exhibition, and raised funds for The Arts for India charity. She has been supporting the Great Ormond Street Hospital, the Mayor’s Fund for London, Gingerbread UK, and the Gift of Life charities for many years.
Annya is a Committee Member for the Spring Lunch fundraising for the Action for Children charity. Annya’s art is very much influenced by her childhood memories, which is why supporting organisations that give vulnerable children a better quality of life is imperative for her charitable activities. Over seventy percent of all the children that the Action for Children charity has worked with gained an improved sense of emotional well-being and developed stronger relations with their parents or carers.
Annya is also dedicated to the work of the National Park Rescue. Annya is a founding member of Heart (Halt Extinction with Art) charity, a London-based body of artists dedicated to organising fundraising events to support the National Park Rescue. Poachers are responsible for the decimation of 95% of the world’s elephant, rhino and lion populations. Statistics show the slaughtering of elephants are increasing to the extent that around 10% of the elephant population are being killed on a yearly basis for the purpose of illegal ivory and horn trades. National Park Rescue is committed to securing the boundaries of national parks in Malawi and other African countries against poachers.
Annya has a strong belief in the value of wildlife preservation and having a happy childhood. This has been her motivation for active participation in numerous causes throughout the years. In August 2015 Annya held a life painting master class at Elena Schukina gallery in London, and in July 2016 she gave a master class to children at the Art Camp in Andorra, the international art forum organized by UNESCO.
- Caspian Arts Foundation scholarship and educational programmes in collaboration with the Nowruz Commission charities conducted by the Sotheby’s auction house, The Institute of Directors, Pall Mall, March 2014, London, UK.
- The Mayor’s Fund For London, Changing Children’s Lives art auction, The Square Mile Masked Ball 2011 at the Royal Courts of Justice, 25 November 2011, London, UK.
- Formula 1 Event auction in support of Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity at The Natural History Museum, 2012, 2011, 2010, London, UK.
Charitable Exhibitions and Events
- Charitable master class for children, UNESCO Art Camp, Andorra, July 2016.
- Charitable master class for children, Gallery Elena Schukina, August 2015.
- Supporting Children at Play, The Royal College of Art, Gulbenkian & Henry Moore Gallery, Kensington Gore, 2012, London, UK.
- Help a Capital Child at The Chelsea Club, in association with Artists & Illustrators magazine and Saatchi Gallery, November 2011, London, UK.
- The Children’s Burns Trust, Russian, Eastern & Oriental Fine Art Fair, June 2010, Park Lane Hotel, London, UK.